Job Title: SME Availability Management
Job type: Permanent
Symphony SUMMIT is the leading provider of private and public cloud based IT Operations Management Solution to enterprises and service providers. It is one of the 20+ global companies backed by the Symphony Technology Group (STG).
- Installation and Administration of Redhat Enterprise Linux, Microsoft Windows, Solaris, ESX and HP-UX.
- Configuration, Maintenance of NFS, NIS,Samba& DHCP server.
- Installation and configuration Squid proxy server.
- Installation and configuration of Sendmail and Postfix mail server.
- Monitoring virtual memory, adding additional swap space as needed.
- Documented various regular administrative tasks and backup procedure etc.
- Systems administration, maintenance and monitoring various day to day operations.
- Processes administration and management like monitoring start/stop/kill various processes/sub process.
- User administration and management like add/change/delete.
- Installation and configuration in services like SSH, Telnet, FTP.
- Maintaining and changing file systems & disk assignments.
- Configuration of LVM and software raid.
- Taking regular & incremental backups of file systems & databases.
- Scheduled various regular, periodic, futures, queue tasks by using crontab and at.
- Troubleshooting file system crash, disk space problems and network problems.
- File system administration & management like monitoring various logs, file system sizes etc.
- Installation, Configuration and monitoring of server status by using Nagios and cacti.
- Installation and configuration on Redhat Cluster Suite.
- Installation and Administration of Solaris.
- Configuration of Solaris container.
- Installation and configuration of LDOM.
- Knowledge of HP-UX
- Working on vCloud Air System Test on DR to Cloud,VPC ondemand, vCloud Usage meter
- Worked on vCenter NGC-UI functional Test with Selenium-TestNG.
- Worked on vCD 5.5, vCD5.1 U2 SystemTest Large scale, Includes the deployment of vCD with Multi Cell environment and VC.
- Worked on vCenter 6.0 System Test Large Scale, includes the deployment with embedded DB and External DB (Oracle) in different cycle.
- Created Initial Configuration Setup Scripts for vCenter 6.0 System Test to avoid the manual error.
- Able to create and Manage vSphere( VMOps/ ESXi) and vCD through PowerCLi scripts
- Installation, Configuration and maintenance of VMWare Virtual center server.
- Creation, Management and Configuration of Virtual Machines, Clone and Templates.
- Creating clusters in VMware.
- Snapshot manager and restoring snapshots.
- Adapts to new systems and environments quickly, takes ownership of all duties, meeting management skills, Good work ethics, Group and individual based problem solving and decision making abilities
- Years of experience – 7 to 12
Qualifications – B.E/B.Tech
- Technical knowledge : Hands on experience in tools like service now, HP, BMC, CA etc and certified with ITIL
- B.E/B.Tech/Degree of relevant
- Academics > 65% Consistent (10th, 12th, B-Tech/Degree)
- Engineering branches – EEE, ECE, CSC. Not mechanical, chemical, production, Civil etc.
- Minimum 3+ Years troubleshooting experience in Infrastructure Monitoring Tools like
- Zenoss Monitoring Software
- Solarwinds Network, Server and Application Monitor
- PRTG Monitor
- WhatsUp Gold
- Nagios Monitoring Software
- ManageEngine OpManager Monitoring Software
- Microsoft System Center Operations Manager
- HP OpenView
- Should have played Administrator role in any one of the following areas
- Non-Windows (Linux, AIX, HP-UX, etc)
- Network and Security devices
- Knowledge on infrastructure Monitoring, ITIL
- Knowledge on Cloud Provisioning, Monitoring and Management
- Experience in Handling/Troubleshooting Multiple customer IT Infrastructure
- Experience on Cloud Monitoring and Management is added advantage.
- Number of Monitoring Tool Deployment Projects handled : > 3 (Must)
- Number of Monitoring Tool Service Transition (with Tools) Projects Handled : > 1 (preferred)
- Number of Monitoring Tool Operations Projects handled : > 1 (preferred)
- SQL Experience : > 1year
- IIS Experience : > 1year
- Certifications : ITIL
- Over all Total No of Years of Experience : 10-15 Years
- Total No of Years of Experience specific to Infrastructure Service Delivery : > 3Years (Must)
- Total No of Years of Experience specific to the Monitoring Tool Admin : > 3 years (preferred)
- Total No of Years of Experience specific to Monitoring Tool Development / Customization : > 1Yr (preferred)
- Total No of Years of Experience specific to Monitoring Tool Transition / Integration : > 1 Yrs (preferred)
How to Apply
Please send resumes and cover letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org Only qualified individuals being considered will be contacted for an interview.