- Data Quality
- How We Collect Personal Information Directly from You
- What are our other ways of collecting the Personal Information
- How We Use The Personal Information Collected
- Storage And International Transfer Of Data
- How We Share Personal Information Collected
- Legal Basis
- Cookies Preferences
- Accessing, Correcting, Amending And Removing Your Personal Information
- Retention Period
- How is data disposed of?
- What Choices Do I Have?
- Monitoring and Enforcement
- Privacy Rights And How To Exercise These Rights?
- Changes To Our Privacy Statement
- Questions Or Concerns
- Contact Information
Summit Software Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “SummitAI”, “we” or “us”) respects the privacy of its customers, business partners, and visitors (as defined below). SummitAI acknowledges that implicit or explicit consent is required to collect, use, and disclose personal information, unless a law or regulation specifically requires or allows otherwise. Accordingly, the SummitAI Privacy Statement (the “Privacy Statement”) describes the information that we collect, how we obtain the information, and how we may use or disclose that information. This Privacy Statement also describes the measures we take to protect the security of the information and how individuals and entities can contact us about our privacy practices. The types of personal information and sensitive personal information and the related processes, systems, and third parties involved in the handling of such information are also identified here.
This Privacy Statement covers our privacy practices with respect to the collection, use, and disclosure of information obtained:
(i) through the SummitAI websites at symphonysummit.com, (collectively, our “Website”);
(ii) in connection with the use of applications downloaded to a User’s mobile device (“Mobile Applications”);
(iii) in connection with the use of our hosted software applications (the “Subscription Service”) and related support services (“Support Services”), as well as professional services, including customization services, training and certification (the “Professional Services”) that we provide to our Customers;
(iv) in connection with prospective employees who seek employment with us, employees and contractors who join us, employees and representatives of our Business Partners and Associates.
An entity that purchases or evaluate SummitAI products and services or any other means SummitAI deems fit
Electronic data uploaded into the Subscription Service by or for Customer or its Users
Who visits or browse SummitAI websites.
An individual authorized by Customer to access and use the Subscription Service.
Information that, directly or indirectly, identifies any individual and which may include without limitation, Name, Email address, Title, Company Name, Job Function, Expertise, Postal address, Telephone number, Browser and Device information (including IP Address), etc.
3. Data Quality
High quality data enables accurate reporting and informed decision-making. Characteristics of good quality data are accuracy, validity, reliability, timeliness, relevance, completeness and compliance. You should be aware of the risks associated with poor quality data and hence, avoid the same. These include
- impaired decision-making
- reputational damage
- inefficient use of resources
- good performance may go unrecognized and unrewarded
- poor services may not be improved.
By sharing personal information, you confirm that the personal information is accurate, relevant and complete for the purposes for which it is to be used.
4. How We Collect Personal Information Directly from You
Through SummitAI websites, community forum, support portal, emails etc (By submission)
- Submission of any Personal Data relating to the person in connection with seeking information, services or seeking employment.
- When you work with us as an Employee or a Contractor.
- Submission of any Personal Data relating to you or other persons in connection with seeking information, services or job representing them and authorized to do.
- When filling out forms on our websites, to request & use demo or developer instance of SummitAI Subscription Service.
- When you enter a contest or promotion we sponsor.
- When you register for a webinar
- When you report a problem with our websites.
- When you complete our surveys.
- When you subscribe to our email newsletter, download content (e.g. whitepapers), or register to use our services.
5. What are our other ways of collecting the Personal Information
A Through online
- As you navigate through SummitAI websites:
Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and the name and version of the Sites (such as the Apps) you are using. Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you access the Sites, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that you visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. SummitAI uses IP Addresses to calculate usage levels of the Sites, help diagnose problems with its servers, administer the Sites, and for monitoring the regions from which you navigate to SummitAI web sites.
We may also collect details about your visits to our websites including, Personal data, Traffic data, Location data, Logs and other Communication data and the resources that you access, as well as information about your computer and internet connection, including your operating system and browser type etc.
- Cookies and Other Similar Technologies:
“Cookies” include commonly used pieces of information in the form of small files that are placed on an individual’s device to enable the individual to more easily communicate and interact with the Sites. When you visit our Sites, we may send one or more cookies to your device. They enable us to store information about your device which helps us, amongst other things, to provide you with a good experience when you browse our Sites and enhance the level of services and functions provided. We also use third parties to serve advertisements on other websites that may be of interest to you, based on information collected about your use of our Sites and other websites. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie or similar on your browser. SummitAI recognizes automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include ‘do not track’ instructions. Please review Cookies Preferences section for more information.
- SummitAI may collect and use information we receive from third parties in connection with your use of the Website. For instance, SummitAI may use a third party for reporting and analytics to measure the effectiveness of our website and marketing efforts and to identify areas for improvement.
- By Aggregating Information:
Aggregated Personal Data does not personally identify you or any other user of the Sites (for example, we may aggregate Personal Data to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code).
B Through offline
- In order to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing information, offers, and services, we obtain Personal Information from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, as well as from other third parties.
- We collect information when you attend one of our events, during phone calls with sales representatives, or when you contact a SummitAI dealer/ representative.
6. How We Use The Personal Information Collected
We may limit use the Personal Information that we collect, about you, for the following purposes:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfil your requests, such as to send you requested materials and newsletters, as well as information and materials regarding our products and services.
- To send you marketing communications, including via email and SMS in compliance with applicable laws and in accordance with your preferences, that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or obtain any required consent.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our website when you choose to do so.
- To personalize your experience on the Sites by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
- To present our websites and their contents in a suitable and effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To track your browsing behaviour, such as the pages you visited over time.
- For industry analysis, benchmarking, analytics, marketing, and other business purposes.
- To diagnose and resolve technical problems with our website.
- To improve our website.
- To evaluate possible employment opportunities
- To deliver support on the product and services purchased
- To effectively engage on the business transactions with customers, partners and vendors
You will be informed if we develop or acquire additional information about you for our use. In case we intend to use the Personal Information collected for any purpose not set out above, we shall intimate you about and seek your consent for the same, in advance.
7. Storage And International Transfer Of Data
SummitAI may store and process Personal Information collected in connection with the Website in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers. A list of SummitAI’s global offices is available here. By using our Website, you consent to the collection, storage, transfer and processing of information outside of your country of residence, including in the United States.
9. Legal Basis
Our legal basis for collecting and using the Personal Data described above will depend on the Personal Data concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. We will collect and use your Personal Data where the processing is in our legitimate business interests, such as for direct marketing and sales of SummitAI’s Service Management Platform and Applications to prospective Business-to-Business (B2B) customers. Our legal basis for processing Personal Data in certain circumstances will also be based on your consent to do so or where we need the Personal Data to perform a contract with you or in order to enter into a contract with you. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect Personal Data from you.
If we ask you to provide Personal Data to comply with a legal requirement or to enter into a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your Personal Data is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your Personal Data).
If you ask us to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you, we may use your personal information or permit selected third parties to use your personal information to provide you with such services. Visitors may withdraw consent at a later time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located in the emails sent by SummitAI. For more information, see Communication Preferences, and Choices sections below.
A Personal Information we collect store and use:
We have implemented appropriate organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect Personal Data within our organization, including security controls to prevent unauthorized access to our systems. While we take reasonable steps to secure your Personal Data from loss, misuse, interference, and unauthorized access, modification and disclosure, you should be aware no security procedures or protocols are ever guaranteed to be 100 percent secure from intrusion or hacking, and there is therefore always some risk assumed by sharing Personal Data online. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Questions or Concerns” section below.
B Forums and Blogs
12. Accessing, Correcting, Amending And Removing Your Personal Information
You may send us an e-mail at email@example.com to request access to, correct, amend or remove any personal information that you have provided to us, or have it transferred to another organization. We will consider and respond to your request in accordance with applicable law after authenticating your identity. We provide such updated or corrected information to third parties that were previously provided with your personal information consistent with our objective related to privacy. You will be informed, within 30 days, in writing, about the reason why a request for correction of personal information was denied and how they may appeal.
Personal information is provided to you in an understandable form, in a reasonable time frame, and at a reasonable cost, if any. In case you are denied access to your personal information, you will be informed of the denial and the reason for the denial in a timely manner, unless prohibited by law or regulation, along with the source of our legal right to deny such access, if applicable, and your right, if any, to challenge such denial, as specifically permitted or required by law or regulation. If you would like to object to the processing of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, please use the mechanisms outlined in What Choices Do I Have section below
Please note that we need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such access, change or deletion.
13. Retention Period
We will retain your Personal Data for a period of time (during which period, policies and procedures have been implemented to protect personal information from erasure or destruction) consistent with the original purpose of collection and to pursue our legitimate business interests, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce applicable agreements.
14. How is data disposed of?
All data collected is disposed of when it is no longer necessary for business use, provided that the disposal does not conflict with our data retention policies, our customers data retention policies, a court order, or any of our regulatory obligations.
- All employees, clients, vendors and contractors are instructed to not use the following media to store confidential information.
- paper-based media
- USB Drives or External Backup programs
- CD ROM drives.
- All cloud based storage media being decommissioned is sanitized when it is no longer necessary, provided that there is a backup of customer data on production systems to comply with our customers data retention and contractual obligations.
- Laptop based storage media may not be donated or sold. All laptop based storage media is sanitized prior to transfer of ownership to a co-worker or prior to destruction.
15. What Choices Do I Have?
- You should review this Privacy Statement carefully because if you do not agree with our practices, your ultimate choice is not to use the Website or avail of our services. Remember, by using any part of our Website, you accept and agree to our privacy practices.
- You can always opt not to disclose information. However, if you elect to do so, we will likely be limited in responding to your inquiry or providing services to you.
- You can opt-out of receiving marketing messages from SummitAI by unsubscribing through the unsubscribe or opt-out link in an email, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages.
16. Monitoring and Enforcement
All information governance and security policies and procedures are subject to periodic audit and review to ensure that they remain fit for purpose and SummitAI remains compliant. We take remedial action in response to misuse of personal information by a third party to whom we have transferred such information. Compliance with objectives related to privacy are reviewed and documented, and the results of such reviews are reported to management. If problems are identified, remediation plans are developed and implemented. Instances of noncompliance with objectives related to privacy are documented and reported and, if needed, corrective and disciplinary measures are taken on a timely basis. Ongoing procedures are performed for monitoring the effectiveness of controls over personal information and for taking timely corrective actions when necessary.
17. Privacy Rights And How To Exercise These Rights?
Under the law of some countries, you may have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal information; to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal information; and to obtain the personal information you provide to us for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine-readable format, and to ask us to share (port) this information to another controller.
In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the information to meet a contractual or other legal requirements, or where we are using the information for direct marketing).
These rights may be limited, for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal personal information about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping (such as fraud prevention purposes).
To exercise any of these rights, you can get in touch with us – or our data protection officer – using the details set out below. Additionally, many of our websites and apps allow you to edit your personal information by accessing the “my account,” “my profile,” or a similar feature of the app or website you are using.
If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to report them to an EU or other data protection authority where you live, work or where you believe a potential violation may have occurred.
18. Changes To Our Privacy Statement
19. Questions Or Concerns
SummitAI will take any privacy complaint seriously and any complaint will be assessed by an appropriate person with the aim of resolving any issue in a timely and efficient manner. Each complaint is addressed, and the resolution is documented and communicated to the individual. We have a process for providing notice of breaches and incidents to affected data subjects, regulators, and others to meet our objectives related to privacy. We request that you cooperate with us during this process and provide us with any relevant information that we may need.
You may have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data.
20. Contact Information
To ask questions or comment about this Privacy Statement and our privacy practices or if you need to update, change or remove your information, contact us at email@example.com
BY CLICKING ON “I ACCEPT” OR ACCESING THE WEBSITE, YOU HEREBY ACCEPT THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY AND GRANT UNCONDITIONAL CONSENT FOR PROVIDING PERSONAL INFORMATION AND SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION TO US AND TO PERMIT US TO TRANSFER/SHARE SUCH INFORMATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS POLICY AND APPLICABLE LAW.