The SummitAI Service Portfolio Management is an ITIL 2011 certified module that helps in the conceptualization, planning, creating, managing, and improving of a service. It also includes the terms under which these services are offered to various business organizations. It includes the entire portfolio of services from Active Services (Service Catalog Items) through the various lifecycle stages of incumbent and retired services.
It allows the services listed in multiple Service Catalogs to be organized into service portfolios and published for the business using service templates. The lifecycle of service templates can be managed using workflows, escalations, and dashboards.
It manages different types of services categorized according to their stages in the service lifecycle:
- Service Pipeline: Services in the planning or development phase.
- Service Catalog: Services currently deployed or ready for deployment.
- Retired Services: Services that are no longer active.
- It provides extensive reporting modules with dashboards, which helps the users to generate different kinds of reports.
- It also supports the creation of custom reports using the Report Builder.
SPM Lifecycle Stages
It allows the lifecycle stages of Services in the pipeline, Service Catalog, and Retired Services to be recorded and updated for every Portfolio Record.
Process Lifecycle Activities
- It processes a service as per the Lifecycle Management protocol along the following stages: Defined, Analyzed, Approved, and Chartered.
- It captures the business needs, business impact, business justification, and SLA details for planned services.
It identifies and records the business users, business owners, IT owners, and all the related contracts and agreements.
It provides vendor information, such as the vendor’s name, type (outsourced or internal), owner contact, and other details that can be updated for each Portfolio Record.
It allows user-defined fields for content designing to meet specific business needs.