The SUMMIT Knowledge Management module stores all the Knowledge Records and Known Errors, which helps analysts resolve incidents and users resolve issues by themselves (self-help). This speeds up the incident resolution considerably, leading to higher SLA achievements and lower escalations. Administrators can configure an external source of knowledge repository and integrate it with the SUMMIT Knowledge Management module which can provide information while searching for Knowledge Records. This module is tightly integrated with the other SUMMIT modules, such as Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management, and CMDB.
Integrated Knowledge Management
FAQs, proven solutions, and external knowledge bases are available to the end users and the analysts for self-help or to provide quick solutions for the incidents.
It stores knowledge about the previous Problem Records and incidents eliminating repetitive support for similar incidents.
Easy Content Creation
- The Knowledge Records can be created directly from the resolved incidents or Problem Records.
- The Workflow Engine is configurable for article authorization and publishing.
- Supporting documents can be attached to the Knowledge Records.
- The Knowledge Records can be configured in such a manner that they are available to analysts, specific customers, or specific locations – as the case may be.
The SUMMIT Knowledge Management module is a federated knowledge base of Knowledge Records and other configured external resources. The end users can use the Knowledge Records to troubleshoot and resolve issues themselves before logging the Incidents.
It provides filter options to fetch the right information quickly and easily.
Simple Approval Process
The Knowledge Records can be created easily with a simple approval process.
- The ratings provided by the end users helps in improving the effectiveness of the Knowledge Records.
- Introducing self-help to the end users has reduced the number of logged incidents.