SUMMIT Change Management is an ITIL 2011 certified module that addresses the controlled implementation of changes made to the IT infrastructure. With a majority of service interruptions being caused by change-related incidents and Service Requests, a process is required to address change implementation with minimum impact on IT services. The Change Management module does just this, by ensuring that changes are traced, with minimal risk and disruption.
SUMMIT Change Management delivers comprehensive process management by assuring effective coordination with SUMMIT Configuration Management Database (CMDB). It seamlessly moves a Change Request (CR) from planning, through implementation, CAB approval, and finally, verification. The process ensures that the changes made are in consultation with the status monitoring activities of Configuration Management and Problem Management among several other processes. A specific path is followed during change implementation.
The dashboards are easy to interpret. The module also ensures that all the standard ITIL procedures for change handling are followed, thereby eliminating risks as a whole. Change Management works towards striking a balance between flexibility and stability.
Logging Change Requests
- The Change Requests (CRs) can be logged using a user-friendly web interface.
- The CRs can be also created from Incidents, Problem Records, and Service Requests.
Change Request Schedule
The Change Request Schedule displays all the changes and change-related tasks on a weekly and monthly basis.
- It allows the management of multi-level workflows as per the CR parameters.
- The CRs can be routed for evaluation, review, and approval.
- The Process Workflow templates can be created according to the type of the CR.
- Roles can be assigned to appropriate personnel and stake holders to ensure that the CR is implemented correctly.
Change Advisory Board (CAB)
CAB meetings can be set for every Change Request. They can be configured based on the change type and classification.
Testing and Defect Tracking
The CRs can be tested and defects can be logged and tracked till closure of a specific change implementation.
The Change Management module is integrated with the Release Management module. It ensures synchronization between the CRs and subsequent releases.
Change Freeze Window
A Change Freeze Window can be defined to restrict changes during a certain period of time. This minimizes the risks to a critical production environment.
Recurring Change Request
Recurring CRs can be configured for common maintenance tasks. This includes tasks, such as applying Service Patches to the Operating System or reconfiguring VLANs.
The Change History option records all the modifications made to a CR. It displays audit trail information, such as changes made by the user, time of modification, current and previous values.
- CRs can be created from incidents and can also be linked with the incidents created due to CR implementation.
- CRs can also be integrated with CMDB CIs, Problem Records, Assets, and Project Management.
- CR downtime automatically creates a Maintenance Window for the server and network components, if integrated.
Graphical Dashboard requests can be generated for CRs. These can be based on the Status, Assigned Workgroup, Category and Owner.
To learn more about SUMMIT Change Management, download our data sheet.